Forums - Introduction

• Author
    •      

Honen
    Members
    Upvoted: 1

Well seeing as though noboday has yet i might as well kick it off,I used to play WoW many years ago,mainly vanilla and Burning crusade,have been having the itch since WoTLK but didnt enjoy the direction the game was taking.Just looking for a good standard server to get some old friends back into and start enjoying the game again.Im from the UK,getting on a bit(38) and enjoy a good group with good banter.

Upvoted by: Mystere

•      

Hobo
    Members
    Upvoted: 0

Welcome! I hope you choose this server to stay on =) It's a bit up in the air whether or not to invest time due to population but, it won't grow if people don't give it a chance. Even though you chose alliance... no

•      

johnyrox
    Members

Hi I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and stopped enjoying playing PvE after leveling up in MoP so just went PvP. I started playing private servers about 18months ago on Excalibur but found that server too buggy and unstable. I then found WoW Mania wotlk server, this was fantastic! while there were some bugged quests they wernt game breakers and the end game content worked well. My favorite expansion has always been TBC. This expansion is true progression where players need to know and play their characters well. When I heard the owners of WoW Mania had launched a TBC server I jumped straight in. If your Horde say hi ingame. :)

•      

Shiv
    Members

Hello everyone, been playing wow since 2008, still have my original vanilla and tbc copies.  This is my first ever private server and I'm enjoying the challenge again.  I never really got to experience tbc outwith leveling so I'm really looking forward to taking part in dungeons and raids with the server.  

•      

Qoue
    Members
    Upvoted: 2

I, like many, wanted to revisit TBC and try to get a fuller experience from it. I started my WOW days 3months after TBC was released and always seemed behind everyone due to learning and enjoying the experience. Never found a good guild to join but played with a hand full of people I knew irl. I lvled my first toon on Mal'ganis PVP server alliance side, hind sight says that was the worst decision I could've made,lol. but the people I played with irl were there so I went along not knowing any better. Many years, many toons, and many servers later, being jaded with retail and its direction, I started looking into private servers.  Now I'm hoping to tank those dungeons and raids I could only hear about back then. I fell in love with pally tanks after running TK with one and I never looked back. My highest achievement, though mediocre, was becoming the OT for ICC Normal before the process of running my guild, raid gearing 5-6 toons and irl work and bills sucked the life out of me. Never got back to that level of activity sadly. Bittersweet nostalgia eh?

Upvoted by: johnyrox, Mystere

•      

Joydrop
    Members

Logged in *squee*

• Changed: August 19, 2016 7:49 AM Reason: Got a new main      

Mystere
    Members

Hello there! I'm just here to let you know how I feel about this here private server. Before we get into all of that jazz I would like to tell you all a bit of back story. Many years ago I was an average weaboo who played games and enjoyed that fact. In October of 2008 I leaped into World of Warcraft with faith and open arms. As you may already know this was TBC content at the time; however, I like many other new players might have took their time leveling to grasp the full potential of an amazing game. Since I was going to school and the youngster that I was getting on WoW was rather difficult. Once WoTLK hit I was only level 67 on my Blood Elf Mage. A little heartbroken that I didn't make that level 70 max before I set aside WoW to focus on my own life in my early teens. I later heard that another expansion for WoW came out known as Cataclysm. I decided to jump right into that just like I did with my TBC days. I was sorely disappointed. I ended up being a raid leader for Dragon Soul by the end of that year or so. Since I raid leaded I made sure we had flasks, food, repair bill currency and all those other lovely raid things. That took away nearly every moment I wasn't studying or enjoying my teen years. Another change was coming to WoW.... Mists of Pandaria! I happen to get to play the Beta and thought it was rather interesting. MoP flew past those years and didn't impact me nearly as bad as the next expansion did. Warlords of Dreanor! The very reason my WoW days ended. Nuff said there. Turns out Blizzard wanted me back and gave me a Beta invite to Legion. All they did was solidify another lost subscriber. I dumped all my gold into my Guild Banks said goodbye and haven't resubbed or will ever resub again. That brings me to this server. I was playing Nastalrius for a while and things were great till Blizzard had to flex their muscles at the Devs and ruined my fun. You know about 4 months later I'm here writing a message about a server I found that gave me the feeling that I was when I was a kid again. All of this is so fantastic it hurts to see what Blizzard did to their game.  This is about  all I have to say thus far and I honestly do hope to see you in game!  

P.S. This is Viçtoria/Irelia horde side :D

Upvoted by: johnyrox, Julian

• Changed: August 14, 2016 9:31 PM Reason: Addition of "on the Burning Blade server."      

Gllspt
    Members
    Upvoted: 3

Hi there.

I am known as Glasspoint on the Alliance side and as a former Horde player, this server is incredible! During this week, I have scoured for a server that in which may provide the most ample, satisfying and rewarding experience the private World of Warcraft servers may bring about to date. What I love about this server is not only the nostalgia in playing up to the Burning Crusade but the leveling rate being up to par with what a massively online role playing game requires. 

I am a college student and I am big on art. Warcraft is something that provides the feeling that I am in another world without having to leave my bedroom. Do not get me wrong, I love leaving my house, going out and socializing as I am a bundle of joy I would say to be around in terms of providing optimism, comic relief and in general, good kick-ass times. Luckily, this server, Korakion, may provide me with that satisfaction of surrealism in games that I am searching for. Legion, the expansion is coming out but while I am tempted to pick it up and while I may or may not pick it up, it is somewhat a turn off to see the cluster swarm of minor additions that clog up the screen with numerous descriptions of nearly an unlimited form of accessories and whichever upgrades there are. I do love the game but at times, I miss the main goal of playing dungeons and dragons with my fellow allies. One of my favorite moments in Warcraft was finally receiving, the Aged Dragon Sinew for Rhok Delar. Killing Ragnoros, Vaelastrasz and Lord Victor Nefarius were moments that I will always look back on while I was a gamer in high school before I got into the partying scene. I was a former Horde player playing an orc hunter for the guild, Cult of the Titans on the Burning Blade server.

As a former raider, I hope to experience raiding once again and slay as many dragons, Illidans, Kaelthas, Vasheshjs as soon as possible. I am a low level Night elf priest at the moment, but in due time, I hope that this server will bring back the dungeon and dragons element to the World of Warcraft franchise and make the satisfaction of slaying dragons, a reward to behold on any day, at any time, ANY where.

Your friend, 
    Glasspoint

Upvoted by: Mystere, johnyrox, Julian

•      

Julian
    Members

Hello, My name is Julian Aka Zalkania in game. I am a player who has played tbc quite some years ago for a short period of time, and got into the wotlk+ expansions. I was also itching to check it out again, back to the good 'ol days! This server seems nice to me too, just add some players and it'll be the perfect Tbc server imo. I'm planning on staying! Hope all of you like it here too. :)

•      

Arrakoan
    Members

I am happy you all seem to enjoy it here. Welcome to Korakion!

•      

Anthon
    Members

Hello there fellow players!

My name is Lange, I am pretty young but have a very adult'y mind :) 

I don't know how many knows, but I am pretty new as GameMaster here at Korakion aswell :) (Hope to see you ingame some time)

On my freetime I usually play World of Warcraft, Bowling or Floorball (European thingy).

My goal in life have always been and will always be to help other people... (a reason why I applied as GM)

I don't think I have much more to say... I wish you a good time here at Korakion and I hope to help you in-game sometime aswell :)

Happy Leveling

Nothing more than a normal player

•      

Heralus
    Forum Moderator

Hello everybody!

I'm Heralus, and I'll be the forum moderator.  As we are trying to grow, one important part of this growth is having an organized and clean forum to feel confortable here, and to slowly create a good community where everyone can feel like being at home. So this will be my job.

I'll try to answer everything in the forum as fast as I can, and my main target will be not seeing messages for weeks without a response anymore. Feel free to ask anything you want to know, and feel free to advice us in anything you think we can improve.

I wanna thank Janitor for his effort on repairing bugs without a dev, and for the time he's investing in improving this realm.

Regards,

Heralus.

Upvoted by: Anthon, mattblue

•      

Pixietrix
    Members

Hello everyone,

My name is Janice and I started playing WoW back in TBC. I bought the game, expansion, and several game time cards when I worked at CompUSA before they closed (we all hid stuff we wanted to get when they went to 90% off so I got it all for pretty cheap). I generally play both sides, but I admit I'm one of those that only played Horde because of Blood Elves. I've played on other private servers before. Eternal WoW (WOTLK), Excalibur (TBC), WoW Ascension (Vanilla), and Elysium Project (Vanilla). I'm glad though to finally find a TBC server that is not a PvP server. I hate having to worry constantly about getting ganked and camped when I'm out questing. When I PvP, I prefer to do it in BGs only.

But anyway I look forward to questing and running dungeons with some of you. My first character on here will be a blood elf paladin and I will most likely be speccing her as holy. In groups I usually like being the healer role. I haven't decided what my Alliance character will be yet.

Pixietrix

"We talk about this whole stupid world, and still come out laughing" - Alice Cooper

Upvoted by: Theredteapot, Mystere

• Changed: July 30, 2017 7:01 AM Reason: Additional info added.      

Killjoy78
    Members

Hey folks.

Name's Ken. In-game, you can call me Leadhoof. Tauren Warrior.

I've played Official wow for 12 years  (Tank and Healer) but found that they dumbed down the game so much, to the point where i said, Screw it.

I was once ranked amongst the top 20 in EU in PVP on my Tauren Warrior (Arcanite reaper hoooooo! lol). Sadly, around that time, i was about to hit max PVP rank, and i lost my internet for 6 months, and when i returned, i had dropped back to rank one. Grinded it out and managed to get to rank 12 before they terminated the ranking system.

I love dungeons and raids. Cleared all vanilla content and TBC content and the more recent ones through the various expansions later released. Which was a horrible snore fest i might add!

I love tanking and healing. Tanking and healing was superb back in TBC, especially disc priests and holy paladins. I've tanked and healed on most classes since vanilla, but hated doing it more and more with each expansion after TBC. WotLK wasn't 'horrible', but it could've been much better!

I have been going around in circles for the past 9 years now, missing the best eras of the game, which IMHO was vanilla and TBC.

I finally found this server, and hope to make many new friends here.

I'm a loyal and active player (Though lately ARK survival evolved has had me hooked!) and i play as much as i can.

My latency on the server is superb at 20~ ms.

I am gonna log back in now, though most of you guys are probably sleeping at the time of writing cheeky

Hope to see you in-game.

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Upvoted by: astor